Friday, June 22, 2012

Amped on Friday!

Whoop! It is finally Friday! This very long week is being brought to a hot close! It has been in the HIGH 90s (feels like 105) and 60%+ humidity the last 2 days and today thunderstorms are supposed to cause the end of that madness! Here's hoping! I have a couple adventures planned for this weekend and I do not want to be a pile of sweat all weekend. You have to remember, I am from Alaska, where it is very dry, no humidity,  nearly impossible to reach 90 degrees and sometimes the sun is not around for days at a time. Here I have been dominated by sunshine (LOVE!), heat (high 80s is perf.) and humidity (my worst enemy). We all love to hate that nasty lady called humidity. Honestly, I get so flustered with what to wear when it is so hot out! Pants are def. out! I am not a shorts person, so dresses and skirts it is!

My weekend adventures are planned to include 2 trips to the city (NYC). I will be heading down to Astoria with my friend Christina and then we will venture to Bryant Park in Manhattan to meet up with my friend John to (hopefully, if we can get a spot!) see Hugh Jackman host Tropfest NY, the world's largest short film festival. We both adore Hugh and this will be the perfect day if we can just get in there! And, bonus, it's FREE! I am trying not to get too excited for fear that we will not make it in, but this will just be glorious if it happens!! There is so much constantly going on in the city that it can be overwhelming at times to keep up with it all. I want to do everything, but most of the time find out after, or it is way out of my price range haha. But some things, you just have to do. Worth the adventure, the story and a wonderful experience to remember!

Sunday I will be heading back to the city to Randall Island to meet up with my friend Amy for Governors Ball Music Festival! Our favorite, Fiona Apple, will be performing as well as Beck (!!!!),  Modest Mouse, Explosions in the Sky and more! I am beyond excited to start this summer off right this weekend. I hope you all can get out and enjoy the weekend and start to dominate your summer!!!

Hopefully Monday I will have glorious pictures of my weekend adventures! Stay cool out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment