Friday, August 16, 2013

I guess I am frugal now?

Yep. I am a deal hunter. Target is my weakness.

I seriously cannot stop shopping at Target. And not because I need to buy clothes or household items all the time, but because when I go to Target "just to pick up a few things" I end up cruising the clearance section of EVERY department and usually come home with a HUGE deal!!! For instance, a couple weeks ago I came home with 2 woven baskets. One was usually $20 and I got it for $5. The other was usually $12 and I got it for $3. I mean, really??? Did I need these baskets? Not necessarily, but that is not the point! Or is it... Ugh. Lately I have also been scoring, and I mean SCORING on shoes and handbags. Like $8 shoes from $25 and $5-10 handbags from $20-30. You know my weakness for  handbags, so this could be bad...  But I have bought some great $8 heals there and love them! I love scoring a god deal and VERY RARELY will I buy ANYTHING full price unless I fear it will be gone before it goes on sale.

Here is my deal with Old Navy. Do not EVER buy anything full price unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY! Seriously. Everything goes on sale a couple weeks after it hits the floor AND they always have coups! Even if you just do the survey from your previous purchase. Hey, that's 10% off! Whoop! Like them on Facebook and use the "Reveal A Deal" tab to get a coup too.

Gap... I love you, but I hate you. Sometimes overpriced, great knits, I cannot quit you. Thankfully they have the 40% clearance going often, so I usually buy then. For instance, this past weekend I bought a t-shirt and sweatshirt for $21 total. Normally that would have been $55. I would say that was a steal. Again, I refuse to buy full price from Gap. Not worth being pissed off seeing the same item a week later 40% off. I'm serious. Pissed off. Am I taking this too far? You figure it out, I'll keep going.

The Loft. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? This is a newly discovered weakness for me. Sometimes you TOTALLY hit a gold mine when you go in and the whole store is either 40% or an additional 60% off clearance. Like when I got a super cute pair of jeans (normally $60) for $25, just because that day they were $25. I can't make this nonsense up people! Get to the loft. I mean it. 

I know I sound like that crazy coupon lady who always carries around coupons. Not true. I just look for deals and buy when I know things are on sale. Also, since I have lost over 50 pounds, I refuse to spend alot of money on my wardrobe that is constantly changing in size, so deals have become my friend! Why not save a little cash? You know you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment